Perfect for students and teachers working towards GCSE syllabus, this class takes the shape of an interactive presentation that takes students on a journey from the 1970’s through to the present.
Covering Disco, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Hip-Hop, House, Garage, Techno, Rave, Trance, Acid Jazz, Trip-Hop, Jungle, UK Garage, R&B, Grime, Electro, D&B and Dubstep. Participants will learn about the social context of each of the styles, and how they evolved and cross pollinated over time, using audio examples throughout.
• Key attributes and musical characteristics of genres
• How each style developed and impacts on other genres
• Key musicians, artists and tracks
• Technology and impact on sound
• Importance of DJs and Producers
Class will be interactive and participants will take away a full revision guide which they have helped to contribute to.
This workshop duration is approximately 2 hours. Minimum tutors: 2